USA holds Russia responsible for Aleppo aid strike


The White House holds Russia responsible for the airstrike against a humanitarian aid convoy in Aleppo, even if it was launched by the Syrian regime, a US official said.

“All of our information indicates clearly that this was an airstrike. That means there only could have been two entities responsible,” Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes said to reporters, late on Tuesday.

He added, “We hold the Russian government responsible for airstrikes in this airspace given their commitment under the cessation of hostilities was to ground air operations where humanitarian assistance was flowing.” The US

administration is still assessing whether the cessation of hostilities can continue, Rhodes concluded.

The air strike launched earlier this week hit the humanitarian convoy killing at least 20 people.

Source: www.kuna.net.kw

Be the first to comment at "USA holds Russia responsible for Aleppo aid strike"

Write your comment

Your email will not be published


*