Istanbul attack: Court remands 13 suspects in terror

istanbulattack


A local court in western Bursa province remanded 13 foreign nationals in custody in connection with the New Year’s Eve terror attack on an Istanbul nightclub, said a judicial source Friday.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on talking to the media, said the suspects were accused of being a member of Daesh terrorist organization and had links to the assailant in the armed rampage at Reina nightspot that killed scores of people.

Among the detainees are women, said the same source.

At least 39 people, including a police officer, were killed when suspected attacker, Abdulgadir Masharipov, opened fire on partygoers at the Reina nightclub in the Ortakoy district early New Year’s Day.

Masharipov was arrested last week on the outskirts of Istanbul.

Source: aa.com.tr

Be the first to comment at "Istanbul attack: Court remands 13 suspects in terror"

Write your comment

Your email will not be published


*