Dubai: It may still be too early to say or do anything Christmassy, but one hotel in Dubai is already getting way ahead with festive preparations.
The Fairmont Hotel on The Palm Jumeirah has just launched a global campaign to find the perfect person to fill the role of Santa Claus at the luxury resort in Dubai during the festive occasion in December.
“The North Pole is inevitably a little busy this year, so the resort is looking for a Santa from another destination to fill the usual suspects snowy covered boots,” the hotel said in a statement.
The job offer comes with exciting perks and freebies, including a once in a lifetime all-inclusive trip to Dubai, a double room accommodation for two people at the five-star resort, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The duties and responsibilities include “drinking glasses of milk and eating a plate of cookies every evening”, ensuring that the mince pies coming out of the hotel kitchen every day are of top quality and managing a team of festive elves.
To be successful, however, applicants are required to have a “round and rather large waistline,” as well as certain skillsets, including a jolly disposition.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring top quality and super tasty mince pies are produced within the hotel’s Pastry kitchen on a daily basis
- Checking letters and wish lists from children at the resort – categorising them into the ‘naughty’ or ‘nice’ list with the upmost care and professionalism
- Examining festive trees to check they are decorated with plentiful sparkle and are kept maintained throughout the stay
- Entertaining crowds with the loudest ‘Ho, Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!’ at the resort’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony
- Drinking glasses of milk and a plate of cookies every evening
- Managing a team of singing elves for the resort’s festive choir, leading the tunes and tones for the perfect festive pitch
- Lifting heavy-duty dedicated Santa sack loaded with presents and gifts for resort guests
- Spontaneous ‘sand ball’ and ‘sand angel’ making on the beach
- Welcoming all to the resort with festive cheer
Skills and requirements:
- Must get along and be confident with managing festive elves
- Must have a jolly disposition and spontaneously sing festive songs when he feels necessary
- Must ooze festive flair and cheerfulness
- Must be able to spread festive joy to all residents and children on a daily basis
- Must provide own red Santa suit, shoes and beard
- Must own a pair of red swimming trunks for the snow-beach
- Must have a round and rather large waistline
- Cannot be camera shy
Entry rules and deadline dates:
- Upload a 30 second (max) video application to Instagram or Facebook
- Must submit application by October 31, 2017
- Must tag both #MyDubaiSanta and #FairmontThePalm in the post to be considered
- Must submit videos via a public post/account to be considered
- Those without social media accounts can use a friend or family members and use hashtags #PickMyDad #PickMyFriend
- Must be wearing Santa outfit and speaking out loud in English stating why they should win, along with stating their name, age and location
- One submission per applicant only