Saudi Arabia denounces deadly suicide attack in Kabul

Photo:Reuters


An official source of the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed the Kingdom’s strong denunciation and condemnation of the suicide explosion which took place at the gate of the ministry of rural development, west of capital, Kabul.

“The source reiterated the Kingdom’s firm stance and solidarity with the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan against extremism and terrorism, extending its condolence and sympathy to the families of the victims and to the government and people of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, wishing the injured a quick recovery,” a statement on Saudi Press Agency read.

A suicide bomber struck outside a government ministry in the Afghan capital on Monday, killing at least 12 people and wounding 31 others days before the start of a holiday cease-fire with the Taliban.

The director of Kabul’s Isteqlal hospital, Mohammad Saber Nassib, said 13 bodies had been brought to the hospital and a further 26 injured persons.

“From the wounded victims ten of them are in a critical condition and the rest are in a stable condition,” he said.

Relatives of victims gathered at the hospital to receive the bodies of their loved ones.

Kabul police spokesman Hashmat Stanekzai said a suicide bomber on foot struck outside the Rural Rehabilitation and Development Ministry as employees were leaving work.

 

Source :

Be the first to comment at "Saudi Arabia denounces deadly suicide attack in Kabul"

Write your comment

Your email will not be published


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.